It’s been another busy week for our 1215.today Poet-in-Residence, Remi Graves.
- On Monday, Remi explore a ‘positive vision for the future’, setting out the intention to investigate different relationships to “utopia” throughout the week.
- On Tuesday, Remi reminisced about dancing to Janelle Monae with sisters, discussing the empowerment & hope of lyrics and asking for your own manifestos for a bright future.
- “My neighbours daughter has created a city”. On Wednesday, Remi shared Alicia Ostriker’s 1937 poem ‘Utopia’.
- Remi blogged about the artist Cornelia Parker on Thursday, who created the work ‘Meteorite Lands on Wormwood Scrubs’ as part of the British Council’s Private Utopias project.
- On Friday, 1215.today uploaded Remi’s own creative response – a new poem, ‘Dawn’
‘In the cracks between dawn and awake
I dreamagine the kind of school
my children’s children might frequent…’
Add your Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.