A great opportunity to join the Poetry School’s dynamic and growing team in a key role as the charity celebrates its 20th Anniversary.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join the UK’s largest provider of poetry education at a time of dynamic growth, celebration and development as Senior Project Coordinator.
Founded in 1997 by poets The Poetry School is an Arts Council England National Portfolio Organisation with students from Lambeth to Los Angeles, delivering a diverse and exciting programme of face-to-face and online courses.
We celebrate our 20th anniversary in 2017 and have ambitious plans. Based in Lambeth Walk we are a dynamic and friendly small team working with the best contemporary poets to deliver exciting and engaging courses.
We are seeking an experienced Senior Project Coordinator with excellent management, IT, communication and organisational skills. You will report to the Executive Director and coordinate internal systems and communications as well as respond to incoming queries from students and tutors, including bookings as well as develop project strategies and schedules across the organisation from our MA to our database and sales mechanisms. This is a key role in our energetic team, ensuring the smooth running of sales, enquiries, activities and our office.
- Manage and process incoming student bookings, calls, emails and enquiries
- Manage room bookings and class and course administration
- Organise and minute internal meetings, celebrations and events
- Keep project notes and records
- Assess, maintain and develop internal systems including IT, project management and internal communications
- Develop project strategies and schedules with appropriate team members
- Monitor project progress, schedule, budget etc
- Track and oversee incoming paperwork
- Keep Executive Director and team members up to date with current information and paperwork
- Develop and maintain organisational database and course participant information
- Ensure organisational compliance with data protection and copyright issues
- Help develop MA and its administration
- Assist Executive Director in collating application details and reporting information for Arts Council England.
- Enthusiastic and supportive team player
- Excellent telephone manner
- Unflappable, calm, multi-tasker
- Excellent and compelling communicator
- Diplomatic and tactful when dealing with sensitive information
- Resourceful problem-solver
- Highly organised and self-motivated individual, who can multitask and remain calm under pressure in a busy office environment
- The ability to work with a wide variety of people at all levels
- Resilience and flexibility in a job where no two days are the same, and a willingness to further develop the role
Essential Knowledge, Skills, Experience
- Knowledge of higher educational institutions with an emphasis on post-graduate courses
- Experience of working as a senior administrator and coordinator ideally with an arts or educational background
- Experience of developing and streamlining processes and systems to ensure an organisation runs with optimal efficiency
- Experience of administration and planning, including evidence of effective time management and prioritisation of duties including creating task lists for team members
- Experience of project management
- Excellent IT and web skills – including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, WordPress
- Excellent numeracy, sound analytical and research skills, with a keen attention to detail
- A high level of accountability and maturity
- Ability to oversee and assess a number of diverse projects at once
Salary: £28,000 (pro-rata, 4 days a week)
Senior Project Coordinator Job Specification (click to download)
Senior Project Coordinator Person Specification (click to download)
Closing date for applications 12pm Friday 27 October 2017.
Add your Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.