CAMPUS wants Reviews!
The shortlists for the 2015 Forward Prizes have just been announced! Congratulations to all poets and publishers on the list – you can read all the details here: http://www.forwardartsfoundation.org/forward-prizes-for-poetry/about/
This year, the Poetry School will be working closely with the Forward Arts Foundation on a series of events and activities encouraging close engagement with the shortlisted collections and poems.
We’re inviting Poetry School students and CAMPUS members to send us their reviews of the books shortlisted for the Best Collection and Best First Collection Prizes. The review we like the best will win a pair of tickets to the Forward Prize Readings at the Southbank Centre on Monday 28 September.
New to Reviewing?
If you’re just dipping your toe in the world of poetry reviewery for the first time, here are some useful guidelines published by The Scottish Poetry Library …
Send your apercus and analyses rolling in, we look forward to reading them all.
How to submit
- Please send us a review of up to 300 words of one of the books shortlisted for either the Best Collection or the Best First Collection category of the 2015 Forward Prizes.
- Email your reviews as a Word document to Julia Bird at [email protected]
- The winning review will receive a pair of tickets to the Forward Prize Readings on 28 September at the Southbank Centre in London, kindly donated by the Forward Arts Foundation.
- This prize is not exchangeable for its cash equivalent.
- You can submit as many reviews as you like, but you can only win once.
- Any offensive or derogatory reviews won’t be eligible for publication or prizes.
- Anonymous entries won’t be eligible.
- We will publish the winning review in its entirety on CAMPUS, we will also publish extracts from other submitted reviews.
- The deadline for submissions is 5pm BST on Monday 14 September. We will let the winners know by Monday 21 September.