We are currently looking for an enthusiastic arts or business graduate who wants to join our friendly team in Canada Water as our new Digital Programming and Marketing Assistant, and an exceptional Finance and Operations Officer to work closely with the executive director to ensure the growth and development of the School at this exciting time.
Digital Programming and Marketing Assistant
Starting salary is £22,000. The role is full-time and ideal for someone with:
• Excellent IT skills including working knowledge of Office Suite
applications, especially Excel, Word and Outlook as well as design and
• Fluency in WordPress, Buddypress, CMS &CRM Systems
• Understanding of website accessibility and usability
• Knowledge of and familiarity with current marketing and sales technologies and social media platforms.
• Excellent understanding of website creation and maintenance.
• Project and time management skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and experience of public facing roles
• Experience working in a digital administrative role.
• A knowledge of and interest in contemporary poetry.
• Knowledge of web development processes, and digital content management systems
• Basic design skills such as sourcing, editing and putting together visuals and images
• Familiarity with graphics editor such as Photoshop or alternative
• Copy editing and proofing experience
• Google Analytics / Adwords
• Maintaining listings
• Maintaining social and Google business pages
• E-commerce (as we’re going to have to change payment gateway / our ticketing system)
• UX design
• Configuring CRM
For more information and a full job description email [email protected] by Monday December 16th. Interviews will be held 18th & 19th December.
Finance and Operations Officer
The purpose of the role is to provide financial accounting and administrative support for the organisation and to ensure the accounting system (QuickBooks) is up-to-date and accurate and that transactions are recorded correctly and in a timely manner. You will play an important part in maintaining strong financial controls and helping staff across the organisation with day to day support regarding finance related issues.
Key Financial Tasks
- Process invoices received and other transactions including credit card and other expenses into the finance system
- Process BACS and Cheque payments
- Undertake all bookkeeping, prepare and produce and present quarterly management accounts and cash flow projections for the board of trustees.
- Create/check payments to suppliers/staff/other organisations as required
- Raise sales invoices for various activities including room hire and other bespoke services
- Prepare reconciliations for bank accounts and other control accounts as required
- Produce and manage monthly payroll and related matters e.g. liabilities, pension contributions.
- Assist with audit and full statutory year end accounts and being the main point of contact with external auditors
- Production of annual budget, reviewing and monitoring budget and forecasting reports
- Support and guide staff in the operation of financial procedures, monitor compliance with those procedures and raise any concerns with the executive director
- Maintain an effective filing system for all financial records
- Provide assistance to other members of the team as required
- Assist the executive director in preparation of business plan
- Assist the executive director in preparation of funding applications and annual returns to major funders
Key Operational Tasks
- Managing and maintaining staff annual leave
- Managing and liaising with various suppliers ie phone & internet, energy, water and waste
- Arrange for required maintenance in the office
Starting salary is £26k – £28k p/a – pro rota – depending on qualifications & experience.
For more information and a full job description email [email protected] by Friday December 20th. Interviews will be held January 2020.